sudo make install

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: sudo make install
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:46:05 +0200

Hello,

I noticed that since some time, "make install" does compile stuff in the
emacs/ source dir , just like "make".  I remember that it only used to
copy files into the installation target dirs.

My question: when I want to "make install", I need to use "sudo".  But
after that operation, the emacs/ source dir now contains files owned by
root.  After that, I always need to be root to "make" Emacs.  I don't
want that, I still want to be able to "make" as a normal user.

How do others handle this?

Thanks,

Michael.