Autogen in Emacs Shell

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Autogen in Emacs Shell
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 04:36:04 +0200

Hello,

I am considering to give up my current terminal (ConEmu) for Emacs Shell at
least for some simple tasks.  I'm on Windows and use MSYS2 as a primary
development environment.  I just wanted to build Emacs from Emacs Shell and
here is what I've experienced when running `autogen.sh':

Checking for autoconf (need at least version 2.65)...
> ok
> Checking for automake (need at least version 1.11)...
> missing
> Building Emacs from the repository requires the following specialized
> programs:
> autoconf (minimum version 2.65)
> automake (minimum version 1.11)
> Your system seems to be missing the following tool(s):
> automake (missing)
> If you think you have the required tools, please add them to your PATH
> and re-run this script.
> Otherwise, please try installing them.
> On systems using rpm and yum, try: "yum install PACKAGE"
> On systems using dpkg and apt, try: "apt-get install PACKAGE"
> Then re-run this script.
> If you do not have permission to do this, or if the version provided
> by your system is too old, it is normally straightforward to build
> these packages from source.  You can find the sources at:
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/PACKAGE/
> Download the package (make sure you get at least the minimum version
> listed above), extract it using tar, then run configure, make,
> make install.  Add the installation directory to your PATH and re-run
> this script.
> If you know that the required versions are in your PATH, but this
> script has made an error, then you can simply run
> autoreconf -i -I m4
> instead of this script.
> Please report any problems with this script to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org .

That's weird because immediately issuing

which automake

says

/usr/bin/automake

I use `bash' as Emacs Shell.  In ConEmu the same `autogen.sh' works fine.

Furthermore, when using `bsdtar' from Emacs Shell, I saw:

bsdtar: Failed to set default locale

What could be the problem here?

Regards,
Alexander