Re: Autogen in Emacs Shell

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Autogen in Emacs Shell
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:54:47 +0300

> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:44:11 +0200
> From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
>     That still requires some non-default setup that you didn't describe.
>
>     So if you still need help in figuring that out, please provide those
>     missing details.
>
> ​To be honest,​
> ​I just don't understand what do you mean by non-default setup. I just start
> `shell' with 'bash'.

How do you do that?  In "emacs -Q", "M-x shell" does not invoke Bash,
unless you do something else.

> My Emacs is already started with MSYS2's "/usr/bin" and
> "/mingw64/bin" being available in `PATH'​, so those are also available inside
> `shell' (checked). In this case I don't run 'autogen.sh' directly, I run
> 'makepkg' and it runs 'autogen.sh' for me. This, however, should not make any
> difference because as I said, it works from regular terminal. I don't get why
> it would not from Emacs `shell'.

Neither do I.  FWIW, if I do this from MSYS Bash:

  ./src/emacs -Q
  M-x shell RET
  bash
  ./autogen.sh

it runs happily to completion and says I can run './configure'.  I
have no idea why it doesn't work for you.