Re: Local variables and mode hooks

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: Local variables and mode hooks
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:37:07 -0700

On 2015-07-18 13:32 +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> Is there some hook that I can use that runs *after* the major mode
> hooks *and* the local variables settings got applied, so that I can
> force whitespace refresh and trigger a flymake check?

I have never done this, but according to the manual the special file
variable `eval' causes the evaluation of an arbitrary Lisp expression.
Presumably the same is true for directory variable lists.

Another way may be defining your own specialized mode on top of Python
mode (it is very easy with define-derived-mode).  Your mode will set the
variables and cause any necessary refresh.  Then use auto-mode-alist to
force using your mode just for the particular directory.