Re: Lisp mode doc, and Lisp indentation props

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Lisp mode doc, and Lisp indentation props
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:58:54 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> Is there a document (Info format preferred, but
> another format would be ok of course) describing the
> Emacs Lisp mode, from a _user_ POV, similarly to how
> CC mode is documented, for example? Strangely,
> I cannot find one.

I know of the following places to look:

    1. The Emacs manual.

    2. The Elisp manual.

    3. The on-line help (`describe-mode', but also
       individual functions etc.)

    4. The comments in the source. In this case, in
       lisp-mode.el - do `C-h m' and hit the first
       button after the "Enabled minor modes"
       harangue. You need the source for this
       (the pack emacs24-el in the Debian repos) -
       I know you know this (or the equivalence for
       your distro/system), but perhaps you are not
       the only one reading.

    5. Use the source, Luke.

--
underground experts united