Re: w32-get-clipboard-data

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32-get-clipboard-data
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 17:39:25 +0300

> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 01:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Stephen Coda <stephencoda@googlemail.com>
>
> It's only ever happened to me on this particular machine. Unfortunately I
> don't control how it is set up.
>
> I ran addpm.exe to be sure. No change. :/
>
> So currently I cut and paste stuff into notepad++ into a file I share with
> emacs. Then I can grab stuff from there while I'm in emacs to kill/yank. It
> works, but it's no way to live.

Indeed.

After you copy into the clipboard from another application, can you
look with some clipboard viewing program and tell what formats are in
the clipboard?  Emacs understands only a small fraction of the
possible formats, so perhaps that system was configured to not use
those formats (e.g., for security reasons).