Re: w32-get-clipboard-data

From: Random832
Subject: Re: w32-get-clipboard-data
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:35:11 -0400

Stephen Coda <stephencoda@googlemail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 06:35:26 UTC+1, Random832  wrote:
> Hi Random832,
>
> It is set up by an admin:)
> I think it might well be a security issue, and that maybe websecure
> anywhere is responsible. But I don't have access to the settings and
> have submitted a ticket to get this looked into.
>
> And just tried GetClipboardData, it is returning null....

What does OpenClipboard return? You have to have called it, and had it
return TRUE/1, before you're allowed to call GetClipboardData.

One thing I noticed looking over the Emacs code is that it bails out
immediately without any sort of retry dance if OpenClipboard fails - and
it *does* fail, rather than block, if some other app has the clipoard
open at the moment it is called. Are you *ever* able to paste into
Emacs? If this is intermittent, maybe there's some other app running
that just opens it very often and you keep colliding with it.