Commands like ls(1) does not emits color sequences in 25.0.50.1

From: Dmitry Igrishin
Subject: Commands like ls(1) does not emits color sequences in 25.0.50.1
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 21:57:02 +0300

Hello,

Recently I've build Emacs 25.0.50.1 and noticed that ls(1)
even with --colors=always option does not emits color sequences.
Setting the environment variable XTERM to "ansi" directly from the inferior
shell affects the behavior of ls(1) in this case and ls --colors
works as expected in *shell* buffer. Is it new expected behavior for
comint shell?

To workaround this problem I've tried to add
(setenv "TERM" "ansi") to the init.el, but Emacs resets the TERM
variable to "dumb" upon the startup. Is this expected?

Thanks!

--
// Dmitry.