Re: Global keymap not found

From: Albrecht Mehl
Subject: Re: Global keymap not found
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:27:40 +0200

I do thank for all replies, but ...

Am 07.10.2015 um 10:03 schrieb Albrecht Mehl:
This is my first day with emacs and I am struggling with the manual.
At a certain point the key 'C-u' is used in an example ... but I do not
know what command it is bound to as I am reading the manual not chapter
by chapter, but look for topics important for me. So I look for the
global key map. In 48.3.1 Keymaps the global keymap is mentioned, but no
link to it given.

    Where can I find the global keymap?

This question seems to be quite simple compared to the other ones in
this group, maybe it is embarassing to ask it; but better asking than
not knowing how to go on.

A. Mehl

... they describe an unsatisfactory at least to me situation. The keys and the prefix keys are basic elements of emacs. They should be available in a reference list/table in a matter of seconds and the way to get them should be described and made open by a clickable link at the same place within 48.3.1 of the manual.

  Am I too exacting or is something missing in the manual?

A. Mehl

PS I hope that my English is not too bad and that someone can
   show me a quick way to get a complete keymap table. I do not
   need any information on the meaning of keys and prefix keys
   as I have understood that. So please just a few key strokes
   way to get the list.

--
Albrecht Mehl       |eBriefe an:mehlBEIfreundePUNKTtu-darmstadtPUNKTde
Veilchenweg 7       |Tel. (06151) 37 39 92