Re: configuring irony

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: configuring irony
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:07:20 +1100

Sanjeev Sariya <sanjeevsariya@gmail.com> writes:

Apologies if this a naive query. I'm new to emacs world, and have been trying to learn how to set up config in .emacs/init.el file for irony package. I've installed/downloaded irony, company-irony, added their path to my .emacs file, yet they don't work.

Welcome to Emacs!

One of the most important things to do when asking for help with issues like this is to not only say that something doesn't work, but to describe:

* what you tried to do;
* what you expected to happen;
* what actually happened.

That is: how, /specifically/, did something not work for you?

So in this instance, you might write something like:

---

Here's my Emacs config:

[config]

When I'm in a buffer in c-mode, and I type:

stru

I expect to see a list pop-up showing me possible completions, such as 'struct'. But nothing happens, even if I then press TAB.

---

That might help to give people some ideas about where the problem might be.

(Also, i highly recommend configuring package archives, such as MELPA, and then installing packages via Emacs' package system, rather than manually - doing so will mean you usually won't need to manually add package directories to your load-path.)

Alexis.