Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:14:09 +0200

Nick Helm <nick@tenpoint.co.nz> writes:

> How do I change the line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area? And
> then, how do I make that change persistent?
>
> I have this in my init.el
>
> (setq-default line-spacing 2)
>
> which works well for most windows and buffers, but not the minibuffer or
> echo area.

This works for me out of the box.  I tested with Emacs 23.4, 24.5 and 25.

> I've tried a few things to change the vertical spacing, such as:
>
> (with-current-buffer (get-buffer " *Minibuf-1*")
>    (setq-local line-spacing 2))

Local variables aren't durable in the minibuffers AFAIK, so this will
have not effect.

> What am I missing here?

Good question.  For me, the effect of setq-default line-spacing is
respected by both minibuffers and echo area buffers.  But it only makes
a difference when multiple lines are shown there (like in any other
buffer, too).

Michael.