Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:48:14 -0700

Nick Helm <nick@tenpoint.co.nz> wrote:
> How do I change the line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area? And
> then, how do I make that change persistent?
>
> I have this in my init.el
>
> (setq-default line-spacing 2)
>
> which works well for most windows and buffers, but not the minibuffer or
> echo area.

That works for me on Emacs 25 (and I see Michael Heerdegen tested on
23.4 and 24.5 as well).

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, but you could try this, which
is also how you would do it if you only wanted it to affect the
minibuffer:

    (defun my-minibuffer-line-spacing ()
      (setq-local line-spacing 2))

    (add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook #'my-minibuffer-line-spacing)

--
john