Re: Using AltGr as standard modifier key in emacs

From: Javier
Subject: Re: Using AltGr as standard modifier key in emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:17:06 +0000 (UTC)

> but would you please instruct
> me about setting a separate X server for Emacs, or at least tell me where
> can I find information.

You can run an Xserver inside an existing Xserver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xnest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xephyr

export DISPLAY=:0
Xnest :1 -geometry 900x900+0+0 &
sleep 2
export DISPLAY=:1
emacs &

It was just an idea, but it looks you cannot define an indepent
keyboard map inside Xnest

http://linuxgazette.net/114/tag/1.html

You can try luck with Xephyr, but it's going to be another headache

http://superuser.com/questions/70428/how-can-i-sort-out-xephyrs-keyboard-mapping