Re: Using AltGr as standard modifier key in emacs

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Using AltGr as standard modifier key in emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:23:24 +0600

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So why does C- go through the current layout
>> Whereas M- stays within us/Ascii?

I do not see that. With us,ru in emacs -Q (24.4.1, GTK+) I get
layout-translated characters both with C- and M-.

> And with emacs -nw
> its the other way round: M-x doesnt work, C-x does

That case is completely out of reach for Emacs; rather, it depends on
the terminal emulator. Your particular terminal emulator sends C-x
according to the primary layout, but for M-x it (understandably) just
prefixes the character of the active layout with an ESC.