Re: How to add multiple email accounts inside gnus

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: How to add multiple email accounts inside gnus
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 14:28:10 -0500

Zed writes:

I have set up the gnus with one gmail account (as follows) (setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com") (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-stream ssl)))> but is it possible to add other accounts such as hotmail as well?

Do the same as above with the correct port, but add it to gnus-secondary-select-methods:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "hotmail"
 [...]
#+END_SRC

(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com") (setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com") (setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587)

smtp (the sending part) is a little bit more tricky, since there is only one variable. You either have to (1) change smtpmail-smtp-server whenever you need the other, or (2) assuming they have the same port, add a line in the heading (just like you do with "Subject" and "To") with "X-SMTP-Server: whatever-the-smtp-address-for-hotmail-is".

You could also make Gmail be able to post from the other service, in gmail go to "Settings", then "Accounts and Import", then "Send mail as". If you do that, then you only need to change the "From" heading, so that it has you hotmail address, Gmail then sends it with the correct address. This is the method that I use, but I cannot confirm that it works with hotmail.

(setq sendmail-program "C:/cygwin64/usr/sbin/msmtp")
(setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)

You shouldn't have to change that.

(setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "gmail"))

I don't know what that does. I use gmail and do not need it.
Also, I am not sure how to attach different accounts for different newsgroup?

I suppose you mean different servers for news. Same as above, add-to-list in gnus-secondary-select-methods.

Best,
--
Jorge.