Re: [OSX/MAGIT] git push -u and gpg-agent

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [OSX/MAGIT] git push -u and gpg-agent
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:38:03 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 06:53:08AM +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when in a Terminal (OSX), pushing upstream is just a matter of me doing:
>
> git push -u origin master
>
> Then, gpg-agent is asking for to type my PIN and /voila/.
>
> I added my ssh identity into my GPG card (and gpg-agent just sees it):
>
> ssh-add -l
>
> 2048 SHA256:<identity> cardno:000603811769 (RSA)
>
> Now, when trying to Push from magit, I am asked to type my remote
> git account password which is not what I want :)
>
> How can I tell GNU Emacs (with magit) to talk to my gpg-agent and,
> eventually, ask my for my pin code ?

I have the same problem in my setup.  I was hoping that adding

    allow-emacs-pinentry

to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf would do it, but it didn't :(

/M

email: magnus@therning.org   jabber: magnus@therning.org

There's a big difference between making something easy to use and
making it productive.
     -- Adam Bosworth