Re: Saving window config using desktop globals

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Saving window config using desktop globals
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:57:42 +0100

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:

> I've been using desktop-save-mode for years, but
> I have not tried to save a register. register-alist
> is being saved in the .desktop file, but window
> configurations are not.

Perhaps you should tell them about it. Even tho
I don't like the idea in principle the idea is in line
with the general idea. So people who like the general
idea should also like such an addition.

> I will think about this for a while, and probably
> repost with a better subject line. thnx

There is always the option of not shutting down your
computer. Then you get a lot of uptime(1) to show off.
The Raspberry Pi is perfectly capable of doing editing
with Emacs. It doesn't make a sound (no fan for the
HD) so you might as well just leave it on. It will
solve the register problem without a single line
of Elisp.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573