RE: increase scrollbar width

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: increase scrollbar width
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 08:58:25 -0800 (PST)

> i have possibly a newbie question: I want to increase the size of the
> vertical scroll bar. Therefor is the frame parameter scroll-bar-width.
> So i set in ~/.emacs: (setq-default scroll-bar-width 50)
>
> What i get is a 50 pt wide scrollbar frame, but the scrollbar itself
> remains at the default value.
> How can i increase the with of the scrollbar itself?

Not sure what you mean by the scrollbar frame.

Doing (setq-default scroll-bar-width 50) works for me (on MS Windows) -
it gives me a scroll bar that has a width of 50.

Scroll bars depend on your platform, and whether Emacs was built
to use a toolkit (and which toolkit).  You might want to file a
bug (`M-x report-emacs-bug'), but it's possible that nothing can
be done about this on your platform etc.