Re: User interface to bad certificate warning -- how to use?

From: N. Jackson
Subject: Re: User interface to bad certificate warning -- how to use?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 16:38:49 -0400

At 04:57 +0100 on Tuesday 2016-02-02, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> nljlistbox2@gmail.com (N. Jackson) writes:
>
>> I'm not sure what aborting the function would mean here. Is it the same
>> as responding `n' to the prompt (i.e. don't continue connecting to the
>> insecure server)? From the user's perspective, the command just issued
>> was `M-x gnus', so if it were aborted Gnus "shouldn't" start. It's a bit
>> fuzzy. Probably best though, if it didn't abort unless the user pressed
>> `C-g'.
>
> Well...  you can abort most anything with `C-g'.  And it means "stop
> whatever it is that you're doing".  It might make sense to interpret it
> as "no" and carry on, but it would be rather unusual.

Just following up for completeness:

Hitting `n', hitting some invalid keys (such as cursor movement keys),
and hitting `C-g' in response to the

    Continue connecting? (No, Session only, Always)

prompt, _all__ seem to result in the same behaviour. Gnus starts but
there is no connection made to the insecure server.

This seems to be a safe interpretation of `C-g', but its a bit
unexpected for invalid key presses.