Re: removing white space highlight

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: removing white space highlight
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:08:06 -0700

Luca Ferrari wrote:
> for some reason I don't know after applying a few theme settings I
> have Emacs now highlighting rows with only white spaces.
> That is a little annoying to me, so I'm wondering what is the
> customize-* I accidentally broke.
> Any suggestion is welcome.

I didn't see anyone suggest actually fixing the file to remove those
lines with trailing whitespace but I think is the best answer.  That
is the entire reason for the trailing whitespace highlighting in the
first place.  Make them visible instead of invisible so that they will
be addressed.

I know that a lot of people will say that it is whitespace and they
don't care.  Many years ago I would have been one of those people.
But now that version control is everywhere (among other things) I am
now sensitive to whitespace causing useless diffs in files.
Whitespace that I never cared about before is now cruft that I always
clean in order to avoid noisy diffs.

Therefore I suggest cleaning the whitespace cruft from those files and
then the annoying highlight face won't be shown anymore. :-)

Bob