Re: connect to my pc

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: connect to my pc
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:00:03 -0800

John Mastro <john.b.mastro@gmail.com> wrote:
> My recommendation is to a post a succinct but precise recipe, including:
>   - the relevant contents of your init file
>   - what steps you took (e.g., "I opened a buffer in lisp-mode, typed
>     ‘with-’, and ...")
>   - what you expected to happen
>   - what actually happened
>
> IMHO that will be the most effective way to take advantage of the list's
> combined wisdom.

I'll try explaining what *does* work for me, and perhaps Haris can
explain where his experience differs.

Here's what I tried:
- Place this[1] file as ~/.emacs.d/init.el
- Start Emacs
- ‘C-x b foo RET’ (switch to a new buffer named "foo")
- ‘M-x lisp-mode RET’ (put the buffer in lisp-mode)
- ‘M-x slime RET’ (start SLIME)

I now have completion via SLIME/auto-complete in both the "foo" buffer I
created and the SLIME REPL buffer.

Haris, please give this a try and let us know what doesn't work.

[1] https://gist.github.com/johnmastro/27ba684c006cb8fd938b

--
john