Re: emacs.desktop non-functional

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs.desktop non-functional
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:01:12 +0200

> From: ken <gebser@mousecar.com>
> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:05:59 -0400
>
> in ~/.emacs:
>
> (desktop-save-mode 1)

This looks OK.  I have the same here, and it does work for me.

Do you have a .emacs.desktop file created when you exit a session?  In
what directories on your system do you have a file by that name?  And
what happens if you invoke desktop-save manually from a running Emacs
session -- does that file get created/updated somewhere?

Also, what exactly does it mean the "functionality is gone" in your
case?  What did you try to do and what happened?