Re: Invalid face reference: quote

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Invalid face reference: quote
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 21:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 3:28:08 PM UTC+12, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > What is the reason for all of the "Invalid face reference: quote"
> > error messages?
>
> This means that somewhere in a buffer (more specifically in one of the
> visible parts of one of your buffers), there is a `face' property whose
> value is either `quote' or a list that contains `quote'.

What is a property?  Is it related to plists?  I am unfamiliar with
manipulating plists.

> Most likely you're in the second case and the better way to try and
> track down the source of the problem might be to try and see what else
> is in that list.
>
> > I have added the following setq's to my font lock file.
>
> I don't what what is a "font lock file".
>

>         Stefan

My font lock file is an offshoot from .emacs which one day grew so unimaginably
large that I had to split it into several files.  My font lock file just deals
with font lock matters.  I have uploaded my file to my website so that one of
you braniacs could help me to debug it.  Here it is in all of its glory:

http://davinpearson.com/binaries/d-flock.el