Re: single-command git commits

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: single-command git commits
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 03:00:57 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> Yes, when I said "I could probably write
> a shell script..." that was meant to include
> "or `shell-command'"

I agree, you probably could :)

> I'd like to use the highest-level vc function
> available to me, ideally something above the
> level of git-awareness!

All functions are on the same level, and the
point of invocation must be aware of the git
binary (I have it /usr/bin/git).

Because you only want an interface to a shell
command, `shell-command' would be the natural
way but I suppose `call-process' (or
`call-process-shell-command') would do it?

                   - so far: 58 Blogomatic articles -