Re: List of buffers under version control?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: List of buffers under version control?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:12:50 +0600

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Rolf Ade <rolf@pointsman.de> wrote:

> I often edit files in emacs, that are under version control. It should
> not, but it happens, that I haven#t save-buffer some buffer, while
> check-in on the cmd line.

Normally, when staging a commit, for each unsaved file, you will see a
lock (.#<filename>) and possibly a recovery file (#<filename>#) in the
same directory. This is your signal that not all files are saved. As
soon as you save the file, its lock and recovery file disappear.

(I am assuming that you are using Git, that you review the changes
before committing, and that your .gitignore does not specifically
exclude these patterns.)