Re: Can't Stop Tramp from invoking my login fish shell

From: ded
Subject: Re: Can't Stop Tramp from invoking my login fish shell
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 03:17:59 -0800 (PST)

I received an answer to this via email.  Since I'm not sure the person who sent
it wants his name posted, I'll refrain.  But it turns out that the answer is
setting the variable shell-file-name (not explicit-shell-file-name as I was
doing and as I see posted elsewhere as a solution) to "/bin/bash":

(setq shell-file-name "/bin/bash")

This worked and kept fish from getting invoked by tramp.

Thanks again to he-who-shall-no-be-named for the answer.