Restricting GNU Emacs to have only one modeline

From: Mohammed Sadiq
Subject: Restricting GNU Emacs to have only one modeline
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 09:04:49 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
  I know that it is wrong to ask 'Can GNU Emacs do X.' And the right
question to ask would be 'How can I do X with/in/using GNU Emacs.'
But I have to ask this, as I haven't find a solution anywhere,
Sorry.

Can I restrict GNU Emacs to have only one modeline. That is, configure
GNU Emacs such that only the bottom modeline shall be shown. It won't be
split even if the window is split. The details of the focused window
(enabled modes, buffer-name, etc.) shall be shown in the only available
full width modeline at the bottom of the frame. Also, each new window
shall be split horizontally by a narrow line (as it is done vertically).

I wish to have this so that I can save some lines when splitting window,
especially in gdb-many-windows on my small screen. Also, I can include
more details in modeline (like time, battery %), etc, that won't go
hidden when I split-window-right.

If it is possible, Please let me know how to implement this.

I run GNU Emacs from master. So I'm OK to use the features present only
in master.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.

Thanks in advance.