Re: Customizing perl array face [cperl-mode]

From: khalil zakaria Zemmoura
Subject: Re: Customizing perl array face [cperl-mode]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:10:15 +0100

> I would like to get rid of the array highlight of the array in Cperl mode,
> > Since i am a begginer in lisp i give you the code that customize the
> array
> > face and what i did to solve my problème tomporeraly:
>
> [snip]
>
> > when using the easy customization interface here what was added to my
> > init.el
> >
> > (custom-set-faces
> >  '(cperl-array-face ((t (:foreground "yellow" :weight bold)))))
> >
> > when i copy this (cperl-array-face ((t (:foreground "yellow" :weight
> > bold)))) in my custominit.org and erase that cusom-set -face part, it
> don't
> > work.
> > I was wondering why this code works only under (custom-set-face)?
>
> `custom-set-faces' is a function that applies a list of face specs. And
> this:
>
>     (cperl-array-face ((t (:foreground "yellow" :weight bold))))
>
> is a face spec, where `cperl-array-face' is the name of the face and the
> rest specifies how that face will look. The face spec is data (a list),
> it doesn't do anything on its own. That's why it's quoted.
>
> > Witout using the easy customization interface, I ended setting the
> > cperl-dark-background to nil that way:
> > (cperl-dark-background nil)
>
> That doesn't seem right. The expression (cperl-dark-background nil) by
> itself would call a function `cperl-dark-background' with the argument
> nil, which won't work as there is no such function
> `cperl-dark-background'. It's a variable, so you would use something
> like (custom-set-variables '(cperl-dark-background nil)) or
> (setq cperl-dark-foreground nil).
>
>         John

Oh yes, i did not metion it in the mail.
I used setq in my custominit.org
and this solved my problem but has some limitations, because i can't change
the color of the forground.
that's why i am interesting to know how can i hack this face to get it
fully costumizable (lispy way)

thank's again for your response