Re: [GNU-Emacs] request: better subject lines

From: allan gottlieb
Subject: Re: [GNU-Emacs] request: better subject lines
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 13:15:48 -0400

On Sun, Apr 30 2017, Carlos Konstanski wrote:

> If you're like me, you get a whole lot of spam. You need to scan the
> subject lines in your INBOX to decide what's spam and what's ham. If you
> have to open an email to decide because the subject line is
> inconclusive, that's bad.
>
> The subject lines for this mailing list need to have a [thing] injected
> so that it's obvious that it is email for this list. Note my example in
> the subject line of this email. Please?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Carlos Konstanski

A problem with [thing] is that it makes the subject line longer and may
result in truncation.  I would ask that if added it is *appended* not
*prepended*.

What I do is divide mail into groups.  All mail from this list already
contains a header line like

At least in gnus it is easy to divide mail by different List-Id's

allan