Re: humans and technology

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: humans and technology
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 05:13:03 +0200

ernobe wrote:

> I have experienced the same perfect match as
> you, but you need to upgrade to Emacs 24.5
> (like me) in order to understand that.

The match isn't that perfect! If it were,
I wouldn't have done ~100 files of
configuration and extention to Emacs...

But actually configurability and extensionness
is a huge part of the (almost) perfect match.
Still, if anyone had done the exact same thing
when I came to Emacs, I like to think that
I would have done something else, rather
than nothing!

This is what I mean. I came to Emacs because
I liked it. I already had some instinctive
Emacs in me. When Emacs opened the doors to do
even more, it is already a blend of my
instinctiveness and what is already there.
You affect Emacs and it affects you.

Do people really have this experience with
Eclipse on Windows? Or is it more like using
a ratchet screwdriver in a toolshop? Gets the
job done, but one-dimensional?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573