Re: call function in other window ?

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 22:25:56 +0200

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

> Never underestimate what you can do (or what can be done to you!)
> via embedded Javascript in PDFs[1].
>
> cheers
>
> [1] Quoth Wikipedia's entry on PDF:
>     "However, there are still some proprietary technologies
>      defined only by Adobe, such as Adobe XML Forms Architecture
>      (XFA) and JavaScript extension for Acrobat, which are
>      referenced by ISO 32000-1 as normative and indispensable for
>      the application of the ISO 32000-1 specification."

And in Sweden the tax authority offer only that kind of PDF for filling
in you bank account number to get taxes back that you payed too much.
Could not open it on my computer. A prominent message is displayed
instead of the expected content, that you should go and install Adobe
PDF reader. They had to send it to me by post. I feel alone in the
entire country complaining about it, but I hope I am wrong. But I am
pretty sure I am about right.

Now one cannot even simply suggest PDF format as opposed to doc or what
have you. You have to specifically suggest not to use a version that
require the Adobe reader. And be sure, soon enough the general view of
this is that people feel that they are behind if they cannot view this
kind of PDF and they rush to install the Adobe reader.

Best regards
--
Tomas