Re: repeatable vs. non-repeatable commands

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: repeatable vs. non-repeatable commands
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:53:59 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> That only solves the easy part (defining
> a prefix key), but not the hard. The heard
> part is:
>
>   (global-set-key "\C-od" #'the-function)
>
> should make C-o d d message "d" two times.

Yes, I suspected there was more to your
question - like an extra "d"...

Should `C-o d' echo just one "d"? How does
Emacs know when the keystroke is terminated?
Some timeout?

Is this something that's around Emacs in
general? How do you set it up regardless of
what C-D does?

I know you mentioned search - I have my own
search [1] which is why possibly I never
noticed. Or is it more common than that?

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/wrap-search.el

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573