Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 00:22:20 +0200

Tomas Nordin wrote:

> Some people over the years has requested the
> possibility for the program to respect the
> order of the fields specified (cut will
> maintain the order of fields in the file).

Despite using cut 27 times in my zsh source,
I have never experienced any problems and
I don't understand what is lacking.
Perhaps because I have used it to parse command
outputs, not file contents ... tho my intuition
tells me, that shouldn't matter! Care to share
an example where cut as it presently
stands fails?

--
underground experts united