Re: Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:42:26 +0000

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017, 8:30 AM Paw Writer <pawwriter@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am looking for some help with Upgrading Emacs. My current version is
>
> GNU Emacs 23.3.1. EMacs is now up to 25.3 and has a different
>
> directory structure.

How does the Emacs directory structure matter?

my .emacs has over 100 lines

Can you share your .emacs? Probably attach?

and doesn't run on

> 25.3

When you say "doesn't run", what happens? Do you get an error? Run "emacs
--debug-init", and report back the error backtrace if you get one.

and I have one of my utilities which has been completely

> rewritten on 25.3 and won't run on 23.3.1.

Again, what does "won't run" mean? What utility is that? Not sure why it
would need to be rewritten unless you can share the code.
--

Kaushal Modi