Gnus and emails sent by me

From: Narendra Joshi
Subject: Gnus and emails sent by me
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:22:20 +0530

Hi,

I couldn't figure out how to achieve the following in Gnus. If anyone
can quickly help me with them, it would be great!

1. How to have messages sent by me shown in threads? For example, my
   replies to emails in mailing lists are not shown in the thread even
   after I do 'A T' (gnus-summary-refer-thread) on the thread.
2. Sometimes, Gnus won't mark articles read in Gmail and will display
   the again as unread if I quit and open Gnus again. What is usually
   the workflow Gnus users follow to avoid this issue?

Thanks,
--
Narendra Joshi