Re: auto-fill in message mode filling with prefix "> "

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: auto-fill in message mode filling with prefix "> "
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:34:36 -0800

> Hello,
>
> I use emacs snapshot on Debian.  Recently, but cannot say when exactly,
> my email composition has started behaving strangely with respect to
> auto-fill mode.  Specifically, if I'm responding to an email, as I type,
> long lines get auto-filled with "> " as the prefix.  The first line of
> the paragraph does *not* start with "> " and I usually have at least one
> blank line between the paragraph I am typing and any included text from
> the original email.

There was a thread not too long ago about this, but now I can't for the
life of me find it. I only glanced over the thread (I saw this problem,
too, but only once or twice), but my impression was that someone had
figured it out. I think if you just wait a bit, the fix will come down
to you.

Sorry to be unhelpful...

Eric