Re: DWIM region (was: Re: count regexp hits)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: DWIM region (was: Re: count regexp hits)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 03:10:55 +0100

Kaushal Modi wrote:

> Many years ago, I too was scared of advices,
> but not any more once I started understanding
> them..

"What you once feared, now makes you free"
         (Scooter, "Stuck on Replay" 2010)

That said, the mere thought of having tons of
functions, all stacked together and
intermingled in different ways, makes the blood
retract from my feet and hands to protect the
central parts...

Scales of Set! I remember the "actions",
"events", and "triggers" of certain
unmentionable programming languages and IDEs.
This always made for a total mess, instantly!
It was like the very opposite of MVC built into
the architecture and style of work, as
a virtue!

Having often ridiculed the "side-effect free"
neurosis of Haskell people when it comes to
functions I prefer them the predictable
black box of school-boy calculus...

--
underground experts united