outline-minor-mode: customizing outline-regexp?

From: John
Subject: outline-minor-mode: customizing outline-regexp?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:10:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all!

I use outline-minor-mode in combination with the package outshine, but I'm
having a problem with the `outline-regexp' variable.

The way I understand it, it's supposed to control the regexp for the
outline headings. I want to change the regexp for css-mode, but no matter
what I set it to, it appears to use the old syntax for headings, ignoring
my changes.

This is my last, desperate attempt:

(defun my/css-outline ()
  (interactive)
  (outline-minor-mode -1)
  (outline-minor-mode)
  (outshine-hook-function)
  (setq outline-regexp
        (rx "/**"
            (one-or-more (any "*"))
            " ")))
(add-hook 'css-mode-hook #'my/css-outline)

It successfully sets the `outline-regexp' variable, but outline-minor-
mode, or perhaps outshine, doesn't seem to respect it. I suspect there's
something else I need to do.

Does anybody have experience with this? I'd be thankful for any help :-)

- John