Re: You learn something every day...

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: You learn something every day...
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 10:29:47 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de>
>> Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:17:45 +0200
>>
>> However, being a relative newbie, having only used Emacs since the late
>> '80s, I have never come across the "Minibuf menu".  What's that?
>
> Assuming you didn't disable the menu bar, type "M-x" and look at the
> menu bar: you will find a "Minibuf" item there.  Clicking it with the
> mouse will show some minibuffer-related commands.

Ah, yes, thanks.  Actually, I probably have seen that before, albeit
fairly subliminally (since I'm usually looking at the minibuffer at the
bottom of the screen while the "Minibuf" item is active at the top of
the screen).

I see that there is an menu item "Enter".  Under what circumstances
might it be advantageous to use this rather than hitting the Enter key?

Cheers,

Loris