make install does not setup systemd correctly

From: Bingo
Subject: make install does not setup systemd correctly
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:28:04 +0530

Hi,
   On my Fedora installation, emacs 25.3 was already installed
   in /usr/bin. In another
   location (~/Downloads/emacs26/install/bin/emacs) , I installed emacs
   27.0 from source using ./configure, make and make install. $PATH
   contains ~/Downloads/emacs26/install/ before /usr/bin.

In this state, running "emacs --daemon" creates a emacs process, using
the binary from ~/Downloads/emacs26/install as a subprocess of systemd.
But the systemd configuration still uses the configuration info
from /lib/systemd/user/emacs.service, which is from the pre-installed
emacs 25.3. Any systemd operations end up using the binary
from /usr/bin. This is confirmed using

=================================
systemctl --user status emacs.service
 emacs.service - Emacs text editor
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/bin/emacs;
   disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
=================================

I was experiencing emacsclient hanging sometimes. I have not
sufficiently debugged that yet, but it seems wrong to use /usr/bin
binaries of 25.3 to handle emacs daemon process of 27.0

Effectively, I have 2 questions / problems :

1. Emacs man page, or --help does not give an obvious way to not use
systemd for its daemon. Is it supported at all ?

2. If we are not making it easy to avoid systemd, let us configure it
while installing? Emacswiki says that we need to copy the included
emacs.service file to ~/.config/systemd/user/emacs.service. It seems to
help - my emacsclient has not been hanging since then. But couldn't
make install have copied this file by default ? Or used emacs.service
file from the correct place when a binary from this emacs 27.0
installation is being run as daemon ?

thanks