Re: fine differences for entire diff in diff mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: fine differences for entire diff in diff mode
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:33:12 -0400

> This change is extremely irritiating. It is fine to introduce a new
> feature, but is a regression from previous behaviour and should not be
> on by default.

It's hard to address this kind of request since based on this
description I'm not even sure I know what it is "This change" is
supposed to refer to.

Please clarify what it is that irritates you.  If it's the actual fact
that "fine highlight" is displayed, then my anecdotal evidence is that
you're in the minority (which is why I enabled this by default,
currently).

        Stefan