Interactively edit a list of strings

From: Joe Riel
Subject: Interactively edit a list of strings
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:55:40 -0700

Am looking for a good way to interactively edit a list of strings,
that is, to allow the user to selectively delete strings from the list.
Any suggestions on how to implement this?

My first thought is to write each string on a separate line in a
temporary buffer, allow the user to edit that, then reassemble the
buffer into a list, however, that isn't ideal, it allows too much
freedom to modify the content.  I could restrict the allowable
commands to deleting lines, but am wondering if there is a better way.

--
Joe Riel