Re: replace-regexp from A to B?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: replace-regexp from A to B?
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:35:18 +0200

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Thanks, Yuri and Emanuel... I've seen that
> a single MusiXTeX piece can be considered as
> a tex paragraph, because no blank line should
> be inserted into it... So I can perform my
> replace-regexp with the `M-h' prefix so
> applying it only to the current
> paragraph/piece...

So you can do this already with
`replace-regexp'! Writing my previous answer,
I had an itchy feeling it was already there
somewhere... But who would have thought to look
at replace-regexp of all places? Err, good that
you found it anyway :)

Technically speaking tho, and I think you
already know this, `M-h' isn't a prefix to the
next function but just a command to set the
region. Once there, replace-regexp acts on it,
but it doesn't matter in what manner you set it
prior to that.

Not to say there's anything wrong with using
M-h, of course.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573