Re: How to commit hunks using VC?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: How to commit hunks using VC?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 23:55:32 +0200

>> I have a genuine interest on why some people avoid Magit.
>
> I don't avoid it: I just got used to using the command line for most Git
> operations (probably dating back to using the command like for Bzr for
> lack of an equivalent to the PCL-CVS that I maintained before).

I was a happy PCL-CVS user, then psvn, then DVC and finally Magit as I
transitioned from a VCS to another. DVC (bzr) was the weaker one, barely
usable. I see Magit as rooted on the PCL-CVS philosophy but expanded to
the specific capabilities of Git. You not being a Magit user was quite
puzzling, but now it is explained :-)

I'll like to know the reasons of some of those that still nowadays ask
for help about git on emacs.devel, but I don't dare to ask them directly
:-)