GNU Emacs on Windows system, viable ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: GNU Emacs on Windows system, viable ?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 21:50:07 +0100

Heya,

Due to some changes on my laptop setup, I have to (maybe temporarily)
switchover to MS system fulltime.
The sole question I have is : is using GNU Emacs on Microsoft OS is Something
easy ; I mean, is RMAIL functionning on MS ?

A friend of mine told me to use chocolatery to install all my Tools (here it
means : Emacs, clojure dev environnment, etc).

Thanks for your feedback.

Optionnal question : will a RMAIL file coming from my old (dead) computer
running GNU/linux be working as is directly on my MS box ?

Thank you for your help

Xavier