Re: delete-trailing-whitespace behavior change?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: delete-trailing-whitespace behavior change?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 11:34:33 -0600

> I have this setting too and my Emacs 25.1.1 deletes all empty newlines
> at the end of a file, ...

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my original message. What I see is
that the newline at the end of the last non-empty line is deleted. So,
consider that I have this buffer (using C/Python/etc string notation
to make clear what I have):

"abc\ndef\nghi\n"

When written, it sometimes (maybe always, but I'm not certain of that)
results in

"abc\ndef\nghi"

That doesn't seem correct to me.

Skip