Re: Saving a window configuration ?

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re: Saving a window configuration ?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:22:39 -0500

On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 19:48:39 +0100
Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like you want to use 'desktop-save'/'desktop-read' in
> combination with 'desktop-restore-frames t' (along with specifying a
> project directory every time you call those functions)
>
> desktop.el might be overkill though, it saves a lot of state.

Although it does not seem to store frame sizes and positions, from the
Wikemacs description.  But it can be used with bookmarks in such a way
as to have several saved desktops to choose from. OTOH, Wikemacs points
to psession.el which do save frame info (eg. last window configuration)
along with buffers.  I will give psession a try.