Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 17:34:35 +0200

>> As C-Mode has no associated terminal nor it composes messages, the
>> request would amount to "unbind C-c C-c",
>
> That's right.
>
> In my book, prog-mode should bind C-c C-c to `compile`

That sounds good.

>> Pretending that every mode conforms to the same rules is
>> counterproductive, because there are vast differences among them.
>
> Pretending that every detail of every major mode is unique is similarly
> counter-productive.

Nobody argued for that.

About the pain associated with change: I started using Emacs for coding
C++. When years later I migrated to a new, lispy language, which mode I
derived from elisp-mode, guess what keybinding I copied from CC-Mode.

Changing long-established things that are deeply engraved in our muscle
memory is not easy, and on that aspect I can sympathize with the CC-Mode
maintainer.

I, personally, would accept your suggested change, adapt my config and
be done with it, but it is natural that others would react with
irritation.