Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 01:30:20 +0200

Ergus wrote:

> So... I am scared now to be sincere here...
> but yes. That's better (and more logical)
> than confusing and scare the users.

Again this talk about scaring the users.
Are computer people so darn afraid and fragile
these days? Without boasting, let me boast that
when I started Emacs the very first time,
I wasn't the least scared, in fact I thought it
was awesome, including the Lisp part, and
I have used it ever since.

> If everything is organized in advance it will
> be, actually it may simplify and reduce a lot
> of redundant code, reduce the manual (good
> for developers and the users because will
> need to read less to start working), avoid
> conflicts in the mailing list (and
> discussions like this). Help external
> developers to provide better packages at leas
> more organized and standard without conflicts
> with the internal functionalities.

??? All that will happen from changing a bunch
of keybindings?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573