Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 22:23:13 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On 15.05.2019 19:12, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> I can show you my .emacs.el instead.
>
> That's not very relevant.
>
> We are talking about the default bindings and what's best for Emacs
> users overall.

I'm way less sure than other participants on this thread about what's
best for Emacs users overall.

And on the CC-Mode C-c C-c subtopic, I put my C++ programmer's hat and
wonder how that makes Emacs better for me, appart from disrupting my
muscle memory and forcing me to adapt (1). Those improvements on
uniformity amount to nothing when you use a mode for serious work. They
are nice when read on a blog post promoting Emacs though.

1. I emphasize that I have no problem at all adapting to changes, I'm
   just providing my point of view about how much of an improvement this
   specific change would be for somebody that uses CC-Mode on a regular
   basis.